All first years need to make appointments with Bhargavi Krishnan (Baggy), your departmental Academic Advisor, through Jayhawk GPS or by using the “Navigate Student” app. If you are not a first year at KU, you will need to meet your assigned faculty advisor by scheduling an appointment via Jayhawk GPS. If you do not see appointment slots, please reach out to your faculty advisor via email and request for an advising appointment.
All graduating seniors need to apply for graduation through Enroll & Pay as soon as the advisor communicates to you. As soon as you apply for graduation, a departmental level grad check will be done in time to ensure that you are signed up for all the right classes in your final semester. More information on how to apply for graduation, view the Enroll & Pay tutorial page (PDF).
The Advising Handbook is the best on-line resource for any questions or concerns about the advising process. Faculty Advisors are also appropriate resources for advising questions. Ask your advisor for a copy.
Please go to your advising appointment with an initial list of classes in which you plan to enroll and a current DPR Checklist from your MyKU portal. You will discuss the classes with your advisor. The faculty member should have access to the Department’s copy of your 4 year plan and be able to review that with you, as well as make updates. The Enrollment/Advising Course Selection (PDF) form with guide you through the appointment and help you organize your plan.
After your advising appointment, complete the CPE Enrollment Advising Webform. Once submitted, your Enrollment Hold will be removed within 24-48 work hours. Submitting this required form is the only way to have that hold removed.
Students should look for classes that fulfill both their Engineering and General Education requirements.
Please note that meeting with your advisor does not mean you are “enrolled”. You cannot officially enroll until your enrollment appointment time. Check in your Enroll & Pay account for your enrollment date and time. Example: April 5th @ 2 pm.
Students can find their specific Hold information in their Enroll & Pay account under the Student Center. Learn more about specific Enrollment Holds on the Enrollment Hold Guide (pdf).
- Advising (EAH) Hold: Take your signed enrollment form from your advising session to the 4141 Learned Drop Box to have your Advising HOLD lifted.
- Alcohol Education (ALCH) Hold: Follow the instruction in your enroll and pay account or contact staff at Watkins,785-864-9533 for assistance. The first part should be completed early. The second part will not be available until 30 days after the first part has been completed, so do not wait! Details for what is needed can be found on the KU Health and Compliance webpage.
- Final Official Transcript (ADM) Hold: Students that are in their first KU semester from High School may have a hold placed on their account. If you have questions about this hold you may contact the Admissions office, 785-864-3911 or visit their office in the KU Visitor’s Center at 15th and Iowa.
- Immunization (IMM) Hold: Follow the instruction in your enroll & pay account or contact staff at Watkins, 785-864-9533 for assistance. Details for what is needed can be found on the Immunization Compliance webpage.
- Late Fees: Pay online or contact the Bursar’s Office, 785-864-3322, for assistance. Details can be found on the Bursar's webpage about Fees.
- Mandatory Sexual Harassment Training Hold: Log in to your Blackboard account and find the instructions under your Courses tab. For assistance call 785-864-4653. Details can be found on the Sexual Assault Prevention & Education Center webpage.
- Parking (PRK) Hold: Please see enroll & pay for more details under the “holds” section.
The Department does not have the power to lift the above mentioned holds except for the Advising Hold. It is the student’s responsibility to take care of the other holds so they can enroll in a timely manner.